Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Change is in the air

As the cool breezes of fall blow into the Chesapeake region, I'm excited for the changing seasons and for upcoming changes to the Blue Crab Blog. You've probably noticed my posts have slowed down a lot in the last year. After considering shutting down the blog entirely, I've decided to shift away from a sole focus on blue crabs to the broader range of fisheries and marine conservation topics I'm now working on. You'll still find a good bit of blue crab news here, but also posts on sharks and rays, river herring, oysters, biodiversity, and long-term studies of coastal ecosystems. My goal is to produce at least one new blog post at the beginning of each month, with additional news items sprinkled in here and there. The first post is nearly ready and will highlight shark and ray research at Smithsonian. I hope you like the changes and keep coming back!


-Matt Ogburn

No comments:

Post a Comment